WASHING INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL OF RIVKA KNIT DESIGNS
These directions are for all of my hand knit items including the felted purses.
What you will need:
- A large sink
- A mild laundry soap
- 2-3 towels
- Fill sink with cool water add small amount of soap.
- Immerse the item in the water and swirl gently.
- Let it sit in the water for a few minutes. The larger the item the longer you can let it sit in the water. No more than 10 minutes.
- Drain the soapy water and rinse your item thoroughly with cool, clear water.
- To remove excess water, press gently on your item. It is important not to bunch, wring or twist your item.
- Spread your item on a thick dry towel. If it is a big item (shawl, scarf, cowl) roll it up in a towel and again press gently to allow the towel to absorb more of the water.
- Unroll item and place on a clean dry towel. Arrange your item the way you would like it to dry.
- If you are washing a purse you may stuff it with bunched up paper (not newspaper)or plastic bags to give it its original shape.
- You may want to use the bath tub to let the item dry.
- If the towel is wet after 12 hours put your item on a dry towel.
- Your knitted item should be dry within 24 hours.